Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Good-Bye Girl


A movie from the year I was born. I have been taking avantage of the new "watch now" part of Netflix and this one sparked my interest because I had just heard about it the other day on one of those kids star all grown up shows. The little girl in the movie is adorable and reminded me so much of my BFF Jessica when she was about 10 years old. The movie has a simple and quirky plot. A single mom and her 10 year old daughter are dumped by a actor boyfriend who has left for Italy. They are surprised to find out that the actor ex has sub-leased the apartment they are living in to an actor friend. Enter a young Richard Dreyfuss. He is a quirky, eccentric, meditating, Shakespere acting guy and of course even though the Mom fights the feelings they fall in love. And then he gets a movie and once again she is faced with the someone leaving. Will she forever be the good-bye girl? Watch and find out.
Money Rating: $$$

1 comment:

G$ & $ said...

Maybe I'll see this movie. I don't usually like gushy love stories.

What's the money rating range? How many dollar signs possible? Is three good or bad?

G$