Monday, January 14, 2008

Steve Martin bio


My sister bought me this book for my birthday. I have always been a Steve Martin fan. He's an Orange County boy like us (Social D is from OC too).
I love this book. What a life this guy had. So many times when things couldn't look more hopeless he picks himself up and keeps trying. The people he knew, the material he tried and experimented with are so fascinating. When he finally hit the big time I guess it was not all he dreamed of. So he stopped.
I love the facts in the book: an old picture of pre-fame Linda Ronstadt (also the pre-famous Eagles as her backup band), clubs he performed in in Tustin, Huntington Beach, towns I lived in and grew up in.
What a cool guy. I recommend it highly.

Ten monies $$$$$$$$$$

1 comment:

Elissa L. said...

i love biographys. Will put this on the "to-read" list.