Saturday, September 1, 2007

First wk of school in a nutshell


First week of school. I took three classes: Algebra, Anatomy, Chemistry. 13-units. Had to cut my work hours down to 25.
Anatomy looks great. We have a great teacher who is famous for being a great teacher. I can see why. He is funny, friendly and upbeat. Puts all his lectures and notes online: http://www.biosbcc.net/masson/
Chemistry is different to say the least. Our teacher speaks very softly, meaning we can't hear what he says! It's like watching TV with the sound off. He promises to get a mic and loudspeaker system. He had better. Otherwise a very nice guy and knows his stuff. Four of my female classmates from spring semester are in the class as well. Good.

Math sucked. Our teacher apparently just got off a six-month cruise ship... he did not know the college upgraded to an online registration/add/drop system (like everyone else on the planet has). He was still asking students for their blue add cards. We all laughed. Then he held up his green textbook and asked if we all had purchased it yet. Well, he had the old edition. The bookstore sold us all the new blue edition ($155). His assignment plan does not match the new edition. We got a little upset...and worried. Was this guy born fu_kin' yesterday? Not to mention ten of us, including myself, were sitting on the floor in the overfilled classroom. Try taking notes sitting on the floor for 2.5 hrs.
Anyway, I can teach myself freaking algebra. I dropped the class. I added a PE class so I can get some exercise and have some fun. I also signed up for college credit for my job via a work experience program in the career center.
What else.....oh, the food prices at the cafeteria are too high. A breakfast burrito, coffee, and croissant should not cost $7! Them's Dodger Stadium prices!! We are starving students.

I had fun and have to sign off now to do Chem homework.

PS: Go Cal!!!

G$

1 comment:

Elissa L. said...

Thanks for the update! There is nothing worse than an unprepared teacher. I mean come on! We are paying good money for school!